Monday, January 5, 2015

Letter #84

Hey Family,
This is what I sent in my letter to the Mission President about the miracles we had this week:
This week was really good! We had a lot of success this week even though we had a lot of meetings and stuff happening. We had the coolest miracle with our baptism this week. He did not have a date set at the start of the week, and we saw him on Wednesday and set up an appointment with him on Saturday. We had happened to see him on Friday because he lives at a members house. The spirit told me to ask him what he was doing on Sunday! So, I did and he said "Nothing." Then the spirit told me to ask him if he wanted to get baptized on Sunday, so I asked and he said "Yeah!" and then he asked us what he needed to do to be able to be baptized. So we told him we would see him the next day to finish the lessons, and then ask him the interview questions to see if he was ready! So we went over and taught the rest of the lessons and asked him the baptismal questions and he knew them perfectly. He was so ready! We set up the time for the baptism and then the time for his interview. He told us he was going to get home late the night before and that he might need some help waking up. I asked him if we could call him to help and he said that would be fine. We called him about 5 times to help wake him up and he didn't answer. We decided that we should drive to his house to make sure he was awake. Luckily we did because when we got there we learned that he wasn't. We knocked on the door and the member opens it and told us that he wound not be baptized that day because he was still asleep, and that he had not heard our phone calls. In that moment I knew that he was going to get baptized that day, so I asked the member to go knock on his door. He did, and then he came back saying that he was still asleep and that the baptism isn't going to happen. We were then able to talk the investigators wife into going to try to wake him up... well she did it after awhile. And guess what?? He came down and said that he would get ready! We showed up to church late with all the waking up stuff, but he still got his interview done and passed and was ready to be baptized! After I heard in the Christmas Conference the part about "Our faith will be tried, and the storms will come in..." I knew I had just kept my faith in that moment and hoped for the best! I saw those come but I chose to have more faith and it all went through when he got baptized. It was an amazing experience to see it.
We also went over to a old former investigator that we had when Elder Cassiano was here. We were only able to find the father, but he invited us in and we taught a good Restoration Lesson and he accepted a baptismal date and we have a return appointment with his family. This area hasn't been seeing as many miracles, but since we have had a goal and have been working toward it, we have seen a lot of cool things!

This week was really cool! We saw the Lords hand in a lot of the work this week!

We helped a guy that is super smart in the doctrine! He blew my mind again! Haha! Man its fun to hear things from him, he makes me think in a different way!

One thing that was funny this week is we just happened to brake the window in our apartment! Haha! It only cost $15.00 to fix, so $7.50 each... Now I wish I would have applied the Don't throw balls in the house!" rule and learned that I will brake something. We neglected that because I was throwing a stuffed ball that is really soft, so we thought it was not strong enough to brake a window! We were wrong. (picture below)

This is what my Mission President responded to me this week:
Congratulations on Luis' baptism! Thank you for being persistent with him. I suspect by the end of the month you will understand why you are still needed in the ward, but more particularly in the district. Just exercise faith. Few missionaries have the success you do because they aren't in an area as long as you have been. I love you.

I will try to find out why I am still here, and maybe I am here to stay till I go home... Man I only have 4 months left! Time flys!!!

Dad, please tell Omar that I thought about that, but i didn't get into BYU or I would have tried out!

It was an amazing week!

Love y'all!
Elder Andersen

No comments:

Post a Comment