Monday, July 28, 2014

Letter #61

Hey Family,
How is it going y'all? This week was really good yet really depressing! The good part is that we taught 35 lessons! I think that is the most I have ever had on the mission! The Lord has really blessed us this week with miracles. We have a lot of people progressing and we have found some new people to teach. We are hoping that it continues like this. The Canos' sister has been getting more and more interested, but sadly we haven't taught her this week. Hopefully we can teach her, and then she will get baptized soon! I love the Canos' more and more every day! Daniela (the daughter) is drawing me pictures of the Houston Temple and a graffiti of Columbia and the flag of Columbia, so I am excited for that.

The sad and depressing part of the week is that yesterday we were at the Canos' home and they told me everything is going on in their lives about trying to receive an "Acello"... I don't know the right word for it in English (asylum) but it is when you leave your country to go to another one to be safe. Apparently there are people in Columbia trying to kill them. Their son is there and they kidnapped them and told him if he ever leaves the village that they will kill him.  If the Canos' ever go back home and the government sees them that they will kill them as soon as they see them. All the stories they told me just made me feel so bad. It is going to be hard to go and try to get their "acello"  (asylum). She said that they have one more appointment with the judge and if they don't grant them it, then they have 24 hours to leave this county and they go back to Columbia pretty much to die. I am praying so hard that they can get there "acello"  (asylum) and that they can stay here and bring their son here so they all can be safe! As she was telling me the story I felt like balling, but man they are going through such a hard time right now! They are so strong in the church so that will help and that is what makes me so happy!

We have been teaching them about family history and we will be going to the temple really soon so they can get baptized for there ancestors. The coolest thing is that Hermana Cano had a dream when she was in Columbia that she came to the USA that she can get baptized. She said it was in the name of her mom that has passed away a couple years ago. That is why they came here and then when we talked about family history (about the 3rd time we ever taught them, we knew them for about a week at this time) she said she was sold that her dream can come true because we baptize for those people who did not have the opportunity to do it before. It was the coolest thing ever to talk to her about that again. I like that she had a dream about getting baptized for her mom, MAN the spirit was so strong when we were talking about it! I really am starting to love this area! I have been here for about 7 months and finally I am starting to love it, even thought sometimes the bishop doesn't help out, the members are starting to help us out!

Today we are going to NASA there has been some new stuff in there since we last went, so I hope it will be cool! The Sisters in my district really wanted to go and they begged us to go with them. I finally gave in so that is what we are going to do today! Secretly I am kinda excited about it, but then at the same time not really. But not much has gone on since that.
Love y'all,
Elder Andersen

No comments:

Post a Comment