Monday, June 30, 2014

Letter #57

Hey family!
Man, it seems like everyone is going on missions; which is amazing!!!! I so remember those camps you are talking about Dad, they were so fun! I miss Scout's! The funny thing is that Hispanics never do Scouting Things. I don't know why, but they never do! What is so special about the USA Track & Field team? Was it a qualifier for the Olympics or something? That is pretty cool! I remember always going out and doing things with you and the family; like going to museums and fun stuff like that!

This week was really good. I don't really remember what happened to much, but it was really good and spiritual. The Cano's that I always talk about are getting baptized on July 12th! I will need to get a picture with them. They are always wearing their Columbia Jerseys, because Colombia is apparently KILLING it in the World Cup. (Or so I hear) We had a lesson with them at a members house. It was suppose to be dinner and a lesson, and then we would leave so they could watch the game. What ended up happening is that they thought that we were going to watch the game with them... I thought at least the member's would know the missionary rules. Elder Larson and I waited for like 30 minutes for the food, and then an hour to share the lesson. We tried to get a lesson going, but we ended up being there for about 3 and a half hours!!!! It was such a waste of time, but the Cano's love us more and more every day. When we tell them about every mission rule they are like "I am happy your church does that!" and "Y'all Church is of order!" So that is always good!

They told us that they are excited to get baptized. Right now we are fasting for them to give up coffee, and also for their son to come home from Columbia! They are excited to tell the son that they are getting baptized! The coolest thing with them is every commitment we leave with them we ask them if they are willing to keep it, and they always say; "Well we are going to get baptized, so of course we will!" It is so sweet! I love them so much!!

I cant think of anything else to write about. It has been getting so HOT here, it feels like "Hell" here. It is so hot and humid! I am sweating like no other!!! haha All my white shirts are so gross! They all have pit stains from all the sweat! Oh, we played Soccer with some investigators and some members and that was super fun! I am starting to really love this ward! I hope I end up staying for awhile!
Love y'all!
Elder Andersen
P.S. and for the picture don't ask questions... all the elders in our zone were just having a little fun :) 
Yes, it is supposed to be a heart! Hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment