Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Letter #30

Hey family,
So this week has been very fun! We have no had many lessons
this week, but it has been very fun and spiritual. This week I have
received so many letters and Christmas Cards! I love it!!! I just
love getting cards from the family! This year has brought a differnt
aspect to my life about the Christmas Season. We all know what the
Christmas Season is all about, and we are kinda accustomed to it. We go through the motion's but this year was a big eye opener to show me what
the true meaning of it is! That is something to think about for the
next couple of days!

Yesterday we had a mission party. We got to get together as a
mission and eat a bunch of good food and have a very spiritual and fun
day! The begining we started off with a devotional by the Stake
President, then the Mission Presidents wife, then the Mission President!
They were all really good talks and then we got to chance to chose
between acouple movies. We ended up picking Ephraim's Rescue. It was
soooooooo good!!!!! It has been the most spiritual movie I have ever
watched! It was about the pioneers and the story of this guy named
Ephraim and his life and how he changed for the better. One of the jokes he says
in there that I thought was pretty humorous was "What is the worst
part of multiple wives? ...Multiple Mother in laws!" I was laughing
really hard when I heard that. It was very spiritual and I would
suggest y'all watch it if you can!

Spiritual Experience:
We have this investigador named Chris Estrada. We did not know what
to do with him. After we heard the talk called Safety for the Souls by
Jeffry R. Holland. (If you haven't watched it, you should!) It is life
changing! (http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2009/10/safety-for-the-soul?lang=eng
It testifies of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon and it is
so powerful! It was another of the many wake up calls I needed to know
is true! :p After we watched it, it was quiet. He tried to say
something funny to break the spirit and I just ignored it and testified
as simply as I could. I pretty much said I know its true and we left. I know
as we left they definatly felt the spirit so strong! We left that lesson and sat in the car and I was thinking... did that really just happen!?!? He pretty much smacks down on everyone that trys to say the Book of Mormon is wrong and tells us before we go to the judgement bar that
is it true! It is definatly my favorite talk I have listend to in my
life!

So we will be skyping from around 1 to 2. I don't know when we will
start because we dont know if we will have to set up anything or having
lunch first or whatever. So just be ready for me :)

Love y'all! Thanks for all the presents and prayers!
Love Elder Andersen


No comments:

Post a Comment