Monday, November 18, 2013

Letter # 25

Hey Family,
This last week has been very good -- not too good in lessons and investigators, but spiritual has been amazing!
We had zone conference and we do many role plays and we learn so much stuff. One of my favorite things to say in an OYM (open your mouth, talk to everyone that you come in contact with) [yo siempre digo, "somos representantes de Jesucristo."] Because normally we are accustomed to: ["somos misioneros de la iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los Ultimos Dias." Para me, el Espiritu Santo puede testificar mas fuerte si empiezo con, "somos representantes" o "Jesucristo nos envio aqui para ayudarles."]
[I always say, "we are representatives of Jesus Christ."]  ...  ["We are missionaries of the Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter-day Saints." For me, the Holy Ghost can testify more strongly if I start with, "we are representatives" or "Jesus Christ sent us here to help you."
I can feel the spirit testify so much better when we testify and tell them we are representatives of the Lord Jesus Christ! The best companion is definitely the Holy Ghost!
 
And dad, that's cool that you saw all those people this last week! It's good to hear some things from home to keep me sane and to hear about football. People don't talk about football here cause the Texans are doing horrible!! They are like on a 8 game losing streak or something crazy like that! But I do need some sport news every week :p
 
Miracle for this week:
We had an investigator named Sharon and she was very solid. Her aunt that is a strong member in our branch had a family home evening with us and she was doing really good for a couple of weeks. She told us that she received an answer that she needed to be baptized and then she falls off the deep end. She has been here about 2 months from Mexico and she lives with a different aunt that is catholic. She has been taking her to clubs, dances and introducing her to guys, and all this bad stuff. After zone conference is when I talked to president about some things and then the aunt called us on the way home and told us she wants to see us again. I feel like I did the right thing by talking to president and then I was blessed by her coming back to us. We just think that is a huge miracle that she has came back; we are trying to get her to live with the aunt that is a member but its kinda difficult. But this week has been very spiritual and it's been really good because lately I have been really stressed! But the spirit has really helped me a lot!
 
Me gusta dejarles con mi testimonio que esta obra es la obra del Senor. Y solamente por medio de El podemos traer nuestros amigos a El y todos de nosotros podemos ser salvados. Esta semana yo aprendi mucho de arrepentimiento y como recibir muchos bendiciones por eso. Se que esta iglesia es verdadera y el Libro de Mormon es la palabra de Dios. Se que Dios nos ama y quiere que regresemos a El despues de esta vida. Necesitamos leer y orar cada dia para obtener eso. Digo estas cosas en el nombre de Jesucristo, amen.
[I would like to leave you with my testimony that this work is the work of the Lord.  And only through Him can we bring our friends to Him and all of us can be saved.  This week I learned much about repentance and how to receive many blessings because of it.  I know that this church is true and the Book of Mormon is the word of God.  I know that God loves us and wants us to return to Him after this life.  We need to read and pray each day to obtain that.  I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.]

Con Mucho Amor
[With Much Love]
Les Amo, Elder Andersen 
[I Love You] (plural form)

No comments:

Post a Comment