Monday, February 9, 2015

Letter #89

Hey family!
Man this week was full of surprises!
First, I am getting transferred! I will be finding out my new area on Wednesday, and I will send y'all an email with my new address next week on p-day! It kinda sucks though because it feels like when you want to leave you don't get to, and now that I want to stay here (I was hoping for the rest of my mission) you don't get to stay! I am a little upset, but also excited for a change! 
This is what president wrote to me in his email:

"Congratulations on the upcoming baptisms! Your new area is a really good one. We are putting you with a solid young missionary. He will be the senior companion. I'd like you to teach him how to help people be converted and get baptized. He can use some additional training on this. You are a terrific missionary! I love you."

I am looking forward to being Junior Companion again! :) Just because I won't have as much responsibility's! Haha!

Second, the baptism this week was only for one person. Hopefully, in a couple of weeks Elder Balls will have a other one with Heiliey Penilla. They are a family that I have been working with my whole time here! She finally gave permission for her daughter to get baptized, too bad it is when I leave! It is O.K, I will still be able to go back for it! I guess it is just sad to see all these miracle as I am leaving! But back to the baptism: It was really good! Fabiola Valencia is the lady that got baptized! She is from Columbia! It was a good baptism, but the hot water was not working!  We had to boil a bunch of water in the kitchen and then add it to the font. When it was time for the baptism; I got into the font and it wasn't freezing cold, just cold enough to make you shiver! (So, it was still really cold!) It was a good thing though because now I can say I know what it feels like to baptize someone in cold water! :p 

Another surprise happened when we were at a members house and I found out that they had a trampoline. I told them how much I love trampolines and they said to me that I can't do anything on a trampoline! So I showed them!! They video taped me and put it on this thing called "Snap Chat" so I guess a bunch of members saw it too! Hahah! It was pretty funny.

I was able to go on two exchanges this week. One was with Elder Graff, and we stayed up till 3:30 in the morning just talking! The other was with the Vietnamese Elders. I was so lost that day, they were all speaking Vietnamese and I was going crazy! Haha.

Then, for District Meeting we went out to lunch at Freebirds Burritos! It was really good! They have a tradition that people make things out of the tin foil from their burrito and then they put it up on the wall. I decided to put up a tie with a plague, and we put a Book of Mormon under it! I will attach a photo of that on a different e-mail today! 

Over all, this has been a really good week! It has been really cool serving here, and I already started taking pictures with a bunch of people and saying good-bye! It is really hard!

That is it, I think!
Thanks for everything that you have done!
Love y'all lots!
Elder Andersen
 Myself, Fabiola Valencia, and Elder Balls just before her COLD baptism!
 The Perez Family
 We helped the Penilla family move a piano to the Villalobos' house. We rode like this the whole 15 min. drive to the house it was super funny!
The goodies I left at Freebirds Burrito!!

No comments:

Post a Comment